SealLine Blockerlite Dry Sack Review
Editor: Cory McLaughlin
Just the Facts:
• Space-saving: Patent-pending rectangular shape packs 20% more efficiently than rounded dry sack shapes, saving space in your pack.
• Efficient-packing: PackTight™ packing system takes advantage of the flat-sided, rectangular shapes of the BlockerLite dry sacks, closely nestling them together for easy, space-saving and intuitive organization.
• Waterproof strength: 50% stronger than sewn and taped seams, all seams are welded to deliver superior strength, durability, and waterproof protection.
• Ultralight: Featherweight 20-denier silicone- and polyurethane-coated nylon delivers waterproof protection while barely tipping the scales.
• Eco-friendlier: PVC-free materials offer a reduced environmental impact over vinyl materials.
• Secure: Roll-top closure features a grippy stiffening strip to ensure a wrinkle-free, secure seal when closing the dry sack.
• Easy organization: Available in 4 colors and 5 sizes, making it easy to organize by both dry sack color and size.
2.5 LTR 5 LTR 10 LTR 15 LTR 20 LTR
Color Coral, Blue, Orange, Yellow Coral, Blue, Orange, Yellow Coral, Blue, Orange, Yellow Coral, Blue, Orange, Yellow Coral, Blue, Orange, Yellow
Weight 1 oz / 28 g 1.2 oz / 33 g 1.6 oz / 44 g 1.8 oz / 52 g 2.1 oz / 59 g
Width 2.8 in / 7 cm 3.4 in / 9 cm 4.4 in / 11 cm 4.9 in / 12 cm 5.5 in / 14 cm
Height 9.5 in / 24 cm 12 in / 30 cm 14 in / 36 cm 16 in / 41 cm 19 in / 48 cm
Volume 153 cu. in / 2.5 liters 305 cu. in / 5 liters 610 cu. in / 10 liters 915 cu. in / 15 liters 1220 cu. in / 20 liters
PVC-Free Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Closure Roll-down Roll-down Roll-down Roll-down Roll-down
Material(s) 20D Silicone/Polyurethane-coated nylon 20D Silicone/Polyurethane-coated nylon 20D Silicone/Polyurethane-coated nylon 20D Silicone/Polyurethane-coated nylon 20D Silicone/Polyurethane-coated nylon
Is there anything worse than having wet clothing? The answer is yes! While wet clothing is horrible it can always get worse. How you ask? Well, having no dry clothes to change into that is how. When Mother Nature does her best to soak you to the bone it is important that the things in your pack do not yield. Most packs are not waterproof and often times the “waterproof” backpack covers are more just for show than functionality. Living in the Pacific Northwest I can confidently say that I know a thing or two about rain. Luckily for us consumers the great people at SealLine and Cascade Designs come from this same area. They have a true understanding for the need to keep gear dry.
SealLine gets the waterproof idea that is clear, but is that the only thing that matters in a dry bag? If you are a backpacker you already know that is a silly question. Dry bags also need to have the ability to compress and hold gear tight. Tightly packed gear saves space, creates less noise, and helps with fatigue as the load is not constantly shifting within the pack. So, a good dry bag is also a compression bag. I hope you are tracking.
Do you remember the game you played with as a child involving different shaped items that you had to fit through the hole that matched? This was an early lesson about geometry and spatial reasoning. Square to square, circle to circle, triangle to triangle, and so on. So while engineering, what I feel are the best dry bags I have ever used, the folks at SealLine/Cascade Designs did the impossible. They took real world experience and actual personal knowledge and implemented it into their designs. What a crazy concept huh? After the pencil shavings and eraser pieces were blown away they had a design created for a dry bag that was… square/rectangular. Say it ain’t so! A dry bag that can stack within a pack and not waste any space? This must be a dream.
Gone are the days of wasted space and wet items. The Blockerlite Dry Sack is the greatest dry sack I have used to date. It is super thin and light weight while also being rhino tough! The weight range of 1oz. to 2.1 oz. is acceptable by any standard. Sizes ranging from 2.5 L to 20 L mean that you will have options to carry anything your pack will hold. Any combination of Blockerlite Dry bags will be a great addition to your kit and only add to your experience in the field. My 20L bag even doubles as my pillow while out in the backcountry.
I have used these great bags on several trips and I feel they are a top of the line product and worth a look from any serious backpacker.
Find it Here:
What could be done better?
Nothing. Plain and simple these bags are fantastic.
I give this product an easy 5 stars.