Badlands 4500 pack Review
- Great material held up well to sandstone abrasion
- Many exterior tie down points and straps helped with HUGE pack out
- Comfortable waist band
- Very adjustable made it easy to tighten pack against back
- Outstanding Customer Service and Warranty!
- Lower pocket a little hard to access when full
- Shoulder straps could have more padding
- Pouch for rifle could be deeper
We USED this pack hard, on a 5 day pack in sheep hunt, in some wild Utah desert terrain. We hauled in 65 pounds of: Gear, food and hunting equipment for 5 days, with ease.
The trip out thankfully was even heavier due to harvesting a great Ram. The pack topped the scale at 83 lbs.
The 4500 held up very well. We found it very adjustable, and had no problem fitting it to our bodies. We loved the multiple straps available on the exterior of the pack. We utilized them for sleeping bags, tripods, and sleeping pads.
The mid sized compartments on the back of the pack were useful, we wished they were a little larger to help hold our bigger than normal spotting scope. We ended up putting the scope inside the large compartment in the pack.
The rifle pouch worked great, we found it easy to strap the rifle on and felt confident it would stay in place. We would have liked to see the pouch pocket be deeper.
We also used it for a day pack, after we set up camp. It worked well for this, we just synched everything down and reduced the size.
What they could do better:
- Make changes to rifle carrying
BadLands 4500 Backpack Review